The Charlotte Sports Foundation is seeking four candidates to fill four full time paid internships for the 2015 summer through college football season. The internship period begins around May 18, 2015, pending college graduation schedules, and continues through January 15, 2016. Each position will be compensated hourly minimum wage. Please note that housing is not provided by the Charlotte Sports Foundation. There are no benefits of any type (e.g. vacation, leave, disability insurance, health insurance, dental insurance, etc.) provided in the position. While during the course of the internship each intern is assigned to a specific responsibility, Ticket Operations, Event Support, Administrative Support and Operations and Sponsor Fulfillment, each intern will still maintain overlapping responsibilities and are expected to provide support to all areas of the organization. The 2015 CSF interns will help execute the North Carolina vs. South Carolina Neutral Site Game in September, the Dr Pepper ACC Football Championship in early December and the Belk Bowl in late December (due to the timing of these games, interested candidates should be prepared to work on holidays). Each intern may be required to stay at one of the team hotels for the duration of the teams’ stay for the Belk Bowl. The intern will oversee the VIP and Coaches Hospitality Rooms and will monitor the Team Hospitality Rooms. This may include Christmas Eve and/or Christmas Day, depending on the Belk Bowl game date. Interns for the Charlotte Sports Foundation may also be asked to assist with other events that are staged by CSF or related entities.
Qualified applicants should apply to ONE of the four following internship positions below:
Ticket Operations Intern:
· Assist in the daily operation of the Charlotte Sports Foundation Ticket Office through administrative duties including filing, answering phones, interacting with other departments and overall contribution to the function of the organization.
· Help in all areas of the Ticketing Department.
· Work all events.
· Become familiar with the Ticketmaster system including:
o Account Manager
o TM Messenger
· Assist in the promotion and sales of all events.
· Perform daily customer service functions.
· Develop an understanding for customer accounts, billing, money flow, deadlines, ticket printing, ticket distribution, marketing concepts and marketing strategies.
All applicants should be very well organized, have excellent communication and organizational skills, a positive attitude, be a team player, work well under pressure and maintain flexibility. Applicants should be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and possess discretion in regards to confidentiality. This position reports directly to the Director of Ticket Operations.
Events Support Intern:
· Assist with the facilitation/management of operational aspects of all major events owned and run by the Charlotte Sports Foundation (CSF).
· Assist with sponsorship fulfillment in relation to certain events during the Belk Bowl week of events.
· Assist with CSF events, including preparation and on-site operations and administration, logistics, participant services, registration, volunteer management, hospitality.
· Assist and execute projects and/or assignments as assigned by the CSF staff.
· Assist with the overall strategy of all CSF events.
· Assist in implementation of event day execution and management.
· Assist with updating databases for participants and attendees of CSF events.
· Assist with general administrative duties, including but not limited to, event recaps, vendor orders, securing price quotes and meeting planning.
This internship is geared toward the individual with an interest in event management. It is the responsibility of the events division to successfully implement all Sports Foundation events to ensure top quality event management and experiences by our guests. All applicants should be highly organized, able to work under pressure, possess attention to detail and have the ability to work long event hours. Applicants must also be able to lift and carry objects up to 30lbs. This position reports directly to the Director of Events.
Operations and Sponsor Fulfillment Intern:
· Assist with a variety of organizational tasks related to the planning, coordinating and execution of logistics for all CSF related events, primarily the 2015 Neutral Site Game, 2015 Belk Bowl and 2015 Dr Pepper ACC Football Championship Game and their surrounding team and fan events.
· Assist with CSF sponsor fulfillment and communication.
· Aid in Belk Bowl game day operations, as well as participating team bowl week coordination.
· Assist with CSF and game related marketing and signage plans and execution.
· Assist Director of Operations and Director of Ticket Operations with credential distribution.
Qualified applicants should be self-motivators, highly organized, able to work under pressure, excellent communicators, willing to accept long hours, as well as, possess a high work ethic and attention to detail. Applicants should be overall familiar with Microsoft Office; including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. This position reports directly to the Director of Operations.
Administrative Support Intern:
· Assist in the daily operation of the Charlotte Sports Foundation through customer service, administrative support and day to day interaction with the Executive Director, as well as the Leatherheads community board and CSF Board of Directors.
· Support all areas of the organization during high season as needed and called upon, including administrative, events, operations and sponsor fulfillment, communications, and ticket operations.
· Work all Charlotte Sports Foundation sponsored events and assist Director of Events with any specific event preparation, details, execution and production as needed.
· Support Belk as the title sponsor of the bowl game, primarily working with Director of Operations as a liaison between the Foundation and Belk for Belk specific sponsor fulfillment and bowl week events.
· Develop an understanding of day to day functions and needs of the Sports Foundation, from event production to sponsor fulfillment to general administrative tasks to team operations and school needs during Belk Bowl week.
All applicants should be very well organized, have excellent communication and organizational skills, a positive attitude, be a team player, work well under pressure, maintain flexibility and willingness to learn new things, and adapt to any situation thrown their way. Applicants should be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and possess discretion in regards to confidentiality. This position reports directly to the Director of Operations and Executive Director.
Interested candidates can apply to ONE of the four open intern positions above by submitting a completed CSF Internship Application, cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to:
Charlotte Sports Foundation
6337 Morrison Blvd.
Charlotte, NC 28211
Candidate cover letters should fully respond to the following questions/requests:
1. How does your prior work experience and skill set specifically make you the ideal candidate for an internship with the Charlotte Sports Foundation?
2. Please explain why you are interested in our internship program and which specific intern position you are interested in, as well as how you feel it may benefit you in your future career endeavors.
All required documents must be received by March 20, 2015. Applicant submissions without all of the required documentation will not be considered. Applicant submissions not received by March 20, 2015 will not be considered.
All applicants will be contacted with an update of their candidacy status. Please do not contact the Charlotte Sports Foundation for status updates.